ExerSHINE KIDS POWER BOOTCAMP
Starting Janurary 2023
The program has been specifically designed to increase confidence, empowerment and pride in the children who participate by entwining self awareness, self advocacy, and independent use of strategies within the high-intensity sessions.
Designed by a pediatric OT, the ExerSHINE Kids POWER Bootcamp program aims to foster strength and enhance self regulation in children, especially in children with sensory processing challenges by:
- Harnessing the neurochemical release from high intensity exercise
- Targeting sensory integration principles
- Using meaningful themes, graded activities, visual supports and “just right challenges” and
- Utilizing foundations of group dynamics to facilitate social participation and promote improved function in daily occupations.
At its core, the ExerSHINE Kids POWER Bootcamp Program acknowledges the invaluable strength and motor skills that are developed through physical exercise, but also targets exercise as a change agent to improve self regulation and functional outcomes in children with sensory processing challenges.
WHO CAN THIS PROGRAM HELP?
- Children of all ages and ability levels have demonstrated increased strength, sensory processing, social skills and participation in functional activities as a result of their experience in the ExerSHINE Kids Bootcamp Program.
- This program was specifically designed for children with ASD, ADD, ADHD and SPD
GOAL AREAS OF THIS SPECIALTY PROGRAM INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Build physical strength, balance and motor planning
- Improve sensory processing skills for increased success in school and home
- Increase confidence and foster a sense of belonging- which enhances social participation and builds friendships
- Learn tools for self regulation for carry over in other settings
According to the findings of the bootcamp, significant measurable improvements were noted in:
- Tactile Processing
- Body Awareness
- Balance and motion
- Praxis and planning
- ADL performance
- IADL performance
- Increased focus for peer interactions & social participation
If you are curious about this camp being a good fit for your child, let’s have a conversation! Our team of expert therapists are here to listen. Whatever feelings you are experiencing, we here at Beyond Boundaries completely understand. We’re here for you. To get pre-registered for our January class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $250.00 per child one time per week for 8 weeks
- 1st-3rd Grade: Tuesdays January 10-February 28th 3:30-4:15 PM
- 4th-6th Grade: Tuesdays January 10-February 28th 4:30-5:15
- Preschool ages 4-5: Wednesdays January 11th-March 1st 10:30-11:15 AM
Learn more: https://www.exershinekids.com/Bootcamp