Beyond Boundaries offers specialized infant feeding support, provided by a speech-language pathologist who is also certified in lactation counseling. Evaluation and treatment would include observation of a feeding, breast and/or bottle in the home environment. The SLP/CLC will provide suggestions on how to improve latch during breastfeeding, reduce pain during breastfeeding, increase success when bottle feeding, and any other areas of concern related to your infants feeding skills. Specialized SLPs are also available to assess and treat infants who are struggling to transition from breast/bottle to purees/table foods. Treatment would include working with a variety of food textures, including but not limited to: purees, meltable solids, and mashable solids. Your SLP will guide you and your infant through safe transitions in each stage of feeding development.
DO YOU KNOW A CHILD WHO EXHIBITS ANY OF THE FOLLOWING. IF YOU ANSWER YES TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING…..WE CAN HELP.
- Do you experience pain while breastfeeding?
- Does your baby experience frequent gagging, choking, or coughing while feeding?
- Does your infant have difficulty with feeding transitions (breast to bottle or breast/bottle to purees/table foods)?
- Does your infant have uncontrolled spitting up after feedings?
- Does your infant click while nursing ?
- Does you infant have a side preference while nursing or bottling?
- Does you infant have lip blisters?
GOAL AREAS OF THIS SPECIALTY PROGRAM INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Improved feeding skills
- Improved latch and reduce maternal pain while breastfeeding
- Reducing gagging during table food feedings
- Increased maternal satisfaction with feeding choices
- Education on feeding development to increase parent confidence
To put your mind at ease, let’s have a conversation about how we may be able to help your child. Our team of expert therapists are here to listen. Whatever feelings you are experiencing, we here at Beyond Boundaries completely understand. We’re here for you. Give us a call today.